Please select your location and preferred language where available.
KIOXIA Fuels the Future of Next-Gen Applications at Flash Memory Summit
Global Flash Memory and SSD Leader Set to Make Memories Through Keynote Presentation, Demonstrations of Breakthrough Technologies
SAN JOSE, Calif., August 7, 2023 – This week at Flash Memory Summit 2023 (FMS 2023), KIOXIA America, Inc. will showcase how its breakthrough technology is supporting advancements and improvements in a wide range of market segments, including mobile computing, the edge, the cloud, data centers and automotive. Highlights will include advances to the company’s BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory, the most recent generation of its automotive UFS devices and the newly announced CD8P data center SSDs.
KIOXIA invented flash memory 35 years ago, and is committed to making memory solutions that enable the applications of tomorrow. Innovative new products, form factors, and solutions from KIOXIA are supporting what comes next for data centers, automotive, mobile applications, IoT, AI, industrial automation and much more.
“Flash memory continues to be a disruptive technology - even decades later,” said Scott Nelson, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for KIOXIA America, Inc. “High-density, scalable storage technology from KIOXIA is enabling new applications in both emerging and existing markets. For example, the latest generation of our BiCS FLASH 3D flash memory addresses the most challenging issues facing data-centric applications by delivering the industry’s highest bit density1. The groundbreaking architectural innovations we made here deliver a major leap in performance, density and cost-effectiveness – another proof point in our journey to always make the next thing possible.”
At FMS, KIOXIA will give a keynote presentation and several educational sessions covering a range of topics:
FMS Keynote Presentation:
“KIOXIA: Making the Future of Flash”
Tuesday, August 8 at 11 a.m. PDT
Shigeo (Jeff) Ohshima, technology executive, SSD Application Engineering for KIOXIA will present a keynote session titled: “KIOXIA: Making the Future of Flash.”
Educational Sessions by KIOXIA:
Automotive Technology Track
Tuesday, 8/8, 9:45-10:45am
INDA-102-1: Automotive Panel Part 2
Speaker: Kevin Hsu
- Mobile Flash Memory Technology: What is UFS 4.0, and How Can it Benefit Your Application?’
Data Center Track
Tue, 8/8, 9:45-10:45am
DCTR-102-1: Hyperscale Applications Part 2
Speaker: Sam Bhattarai
- ‘Design a Flash-Centric Storage Architecture for an Optimized Cloud Data Center’
Systems Architectures Track
Tuesday, 8/8, 3:20-3:30pm
SARC-103-2: Memory and Storage
Speakers: Sean Stead and Earle Philhower
- ‘Applications, Use Cases and Benefits of a Linux Foundation- Managed Open Source, Software-Defined Flash Solution’
Flash Memory Architectures Track
Thursday, 8/10, 11:00-12:00pm
3-1: Invited Talk
Speaker: Rory Bolt
- ‘A Software-Defined Flash Architecture Tuned for Hyperscale’
Networks and Connections Track
Thursday, 8/10, 11:00-12:00pm
NETC-303-1: NVMe Flash Challenges
Speaker: Mahinder Saluja
- ‘RAID Offload: Saving CPU Cores While Reducing DRAM Bandwidth and TCO’
KIOXIA Booth Demos
Product and technology demonstrations will be given in the iconic 2-level KIOXIA booth #307 - featuring 8 separate exhibit locations - on the show floor at the Santa Clara Convention Center from August 8-10 and include:
- Next Generation KIOXIA BiCS FLASH 3D Flash Memory: Display showing CMOS Bonded Array (CBA) architecture and a lateral density model.
- KIOXIA CM7 Series E3.S Enterprise NVMeTM SSDs: Live demo with XINNOR and SuperMicro highlighting the EDSFF form factor.
- KIOXIA CM7 Series Enterprise NVMe SSDs: Live demo with NeuroBlade running an analytics workload.
- KIOXIA CD8P Series Data Center SSDs: Live demo highlighting the performance of this newly released product.
- KIOXIA CXLTM Solutions: Introduction to BiCS FLASH 3D flash memory and XL-FLASHTM high-bandwidth, low-latency CXL solutions.
- Spaceborne Computer-2 program: Kiosk demonstration that details how HPE® and KIOXIA are working together on the HPE Spaceborne Computer-initiative in the International Space Station.
- KIOXIA XFMEXPRESS™ XT2: Live demo showing XFM DEVICE Ver.1.0-compliant removable PCIe® attached, NVMe storage device.
- KIOXIA Automotive UFS: AEC-Q100 Grade 2 compliant UFS device on a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ SA8295P automotive development platform.
- KIOXIA Flash Hardware: Showcasing flash hardware to support the Linux Foundation’s “Software-Enabled FlashTM” Open Source Project.
About KIOXIA America, Inc.
KIOXIA America, Inc. is the U.S.-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid-state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer innovative memory, SSD and software solutions that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive, and data centers. For more information, please visit KIOXIA.com.
1: Source: As of March 30, 2023. KIOXIA survey.
In every mention of a KIOXIA product: Product density is identified based on the density of memory chip(s) within the Product, not the amount of memory capacity available for data storage by the end user. Consumer-usable capacity will be less due to overhead data areas, formatting, bad blocks, and other constraints, and may also vary based on the host device and application. For details, please refer to applicable product specifications. The definition of 1KB = 210 bytes = 1,024 bytes. The definition of 1Gb = 230 bits = 1,073,741,824 bits. The definition of 1GB = 230 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes. 1Tb = 240 bits = 1,099,511,627,776 bits.
HPE is a registered trademark of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company and/or its affiliates.
Supermicro is a trademark or registered trademark of Super Micro Computer, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Qualcomm and Snapdrafgon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries.
The NVMe word mark is a registered or unregistered trademark or service mark of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use strictly prohibited.
Universal Flash Storage (UFS) is a product category for a class of embedded memory products built to the JEDEC UFS standard specification. JEDEC is a registered trademark of JEDEC Solid State Technology Association.
PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.
LinkedIn is a trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
All other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Information in this press release, including product pricing and specifications, content of services, and contact information is current and believed to be accurate on the date of the announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice. Technical and application information contained here is subject to the most recent applicable KIOXIA product specifications.