Please select your location and preferred language where available.
CD6 Series Data Center NVMe™ SSD
Built on KIOXIA Corporation BiCS FLASH™ 3D TLC (3-bit-per-cell) for Dell PowerEdge™ Servers
Why Choose CD6 Data Center NVMe Series SSDs for Your Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers?
More than 5x the throughput over 6 Gb/s SATA SSD
Optimized for Data Centers
Reliable 64-layer 3D flash from KIOXIA Corporation
Data Center NVMe is a low latency, very high performance SSD designed to replace SATA in PowerEdge servers. It requires an NVMe SSD infrastructure in the server and is priced to compete with SATA.
* Table can be scrolled horizontally.
|Family||Data Security & Encryption
|Min Terabytes Written(8)|
1 DWPD(4) for 5
|SIE||960GB||700K IOPS(6)||30K IOPS||5,800 MB/s||1,300 MB/s||1,752TB|
|3,840GB||1,000K IOPS||60K IOPS||6,200 MB/s||2,350 MB/s||7,008TB|
|7,680GB||85K IOPS||4,000 MB/s||14,016TB|
|15,360GB||750K IOPS||30K IOPS||5,500 MB/s||28,032TB|
Get the most out of your Dell PowerEdge servers with KIOXIA CD6 Data Center NVMe SSDs.
- Definition of capacity: KIOXIA defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- This performance is based on a random 4K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- This performance is based on a sequential 64K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- DWPD: Drive Write Per Day. One full drive write per day means the drive can be written and re-written to full capacity once a day every day for five years, the stated product warranty period. Actual results may vary due to system configuration, usage and other factors. This is computed assuming a worst case 4K random workload.
- The Dell Branded SSD warranty terms and service are covered by Dell Corporation and not KIOXIA.
- IOPS: Input Output Per Second (or the number of I/O operations per second).
- Data Security:
- Sanitize Instant Erase (SIE) option supports Crypto Erase, which is a standardized feature defined by the technical committees (T10/T13) of INCITS (the Inter National Committee for Information Technology Standards) or by NVM Express Inc.
- SED (Self-Encrypting Drive) SSDs support TCG Enterprise SSC or TCG Opal SSC
- FIPS drives are validated as FIPS 140-2 Level 2 which defines security requirements for cryptographic module by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- Measured using worst-case 4K random write workload.
Subject to Change: While KIOXIA has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice.
Product image may represent design model.
Dell and PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell, Inc.