Please select your location and preferred language where available.
PM7 Series 24G Enterprise SAS SSD
Built on KIOXIA Corporation BiCS FLASH™ 3D TLC (3-bit-per-cell) for Dell PowerEdge™ Servers.
Why Choose PM7 Series 24G Enterprise SAS SSDs for Your Dell Technologies Servers?
High performance 24G SAS interface
Broad range of security options
Reliable BiCS FLASH 3D TLC Memory
Enterprise SAS is a highly reliable and very high performance SSD, with dual-port support for PowerEdge servers and Dell storage systems. It has a wide range of endurance, capacity and security options. It also works with PERC RAID cards.
For Read Intensive Workloads
- Media streaming
- Machine learning
- File/application services
- Business intelligence
- Content management
- Big data/analytics
Read intensive, 1 DWPD, models are designed for read-intensive applications. The PM7-R Series delivers features and performance suited for a range of enterprise and hyper-scale workloads. These read-intensive models are available in capacities up to 30.72TB.
For Mixed Use Workloads
- SQL/transactional database
- Financial trading
- Content management
- Big data/analytics
- Software defined storage
Mixed use, 3 DWPD models, are designed for mixed read and write workloads. KIOXIA's PM7-V Series models provide a balance of excellent performance with endurance, and as all PM7 Series models, it includes power-loss protection and full data path protection. These drives offer capacities up to 12.8TB and are suitable for a wide range of applications.
* Table can be scrolled horizontally.
|Family||Interface||Data Security & Encryption Options(7)||Capacity(1)
|Random Read/Write(2) (IOPS)||Sequential Read/Write(3) (MB/s)|
1 DWPD(4) for 5 Years(5)
|SAS-4 (22.5 Gb/s)||SIE / FIPS||1,920||720K/155K||4,200/3,400|
3 DWPD(4) for 5 Years(5)
|SAS-4 (22.5 Gb/s)||SIE / FIPS||1,600||720K/320K||4,200/3,400|
Get the most out of your Dell PowerEdge servers with KIOXIA PM7 Enterprise SAS SSDs.
- Definition of capacity: KIOXIA defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- This performance is based on a random 4K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- This performance is based on a sequential 64K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- DWPD: Drive Write Per Day. One full drive write per day means the drive can be written and re-written to full capacity once a day every day for five years, the stated product warranty period. Actual results may vary due to system configuration, usage and other factors. This is computed assuming a worst case 4K random workload.
- The Dell Branded SSD warranty terms and service are covered by Dell Incorporated and not KIOXIA.
- IOPS: Input Output Per Second (or the number of I/O operations per second).
- Data Security:
- Sanitize Instant Erase (SIE) option supports Crypto Erase, which is a standardized feature defined by the technical committees (T10/T13) of INCITS (the Inter National Committee for Information Technology Standards) or by NVM Express Inc.
- SED (Self-Encrypting Drive) with SAS interface supports TCG Enterprise SSC and SED with NVMe protocol supports TCG Opal and Ruby SSC. For a complete list of supported features, please review the product manual.
- FIPS drives are validated as FIPS 140-2 Level 2 which defines security requirements for cryptographic module by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
Subject to Change: While KIOXIA has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice.
Product image may represent design model.
Dell and PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Incorporated.