Please select your location and preferred language where available.
KIOXIA’s KumoScale Software Adds Support for PCIe 4.0
Version 3.16 Also Enables Faster NVMe-oF Storage Management Capabilities, OpenStack and Kubernetes Support
SAN JOSE, Calif., November 24, 2020 – KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.) has introduced a new version of its KumoScale™ storage software based on NVM Express® over Fabrics (NVMe-oF™) technology. KumoScale software version 3.16 delivers support for PCIe® 4.0 ecosystem components, including servers, network interface cards (NICs) and SSDs.
Designed to double the performance of client, server, and storage systems, PCIe 4.0 is driving new performance levels for cloud and enterprise applications. KumoScale 3.16 takes advantage of the faster connections offered by PCIe 4.0, enabling cloud deployments to serve more users per storage node – and leading to improved operational costs.
Additional enhancements included in Version 3.16 include:
- 3rd-party Application Hosting Framework KumoScale storage nodes can now provide unified storage to cloud environments. High performance native block, along with file and object services, are now under a single framework.
- General Availability of a Kubernetes® CSI driver, enabling KumoScale to seamlessly provide storage services to one or more Kubernetes clusters. The CSI driver is available for download from the CNCF repository.
- Technology Preview of an OpenStack® Cinder driver that supports core storage functions, snapshots, and thin provisioning for OpenStack clusters.
- Multi-Tenant Virtual Cluster Support: Enhances security and media utilization by isolating tenant workloads, and allows KumoScale to simultaneously provision storage to multiple client clusters using different control APIs.
“Customers demand the best performance from their cloud deployments, and KumoScale allows customers to maximize their flash and compute resources,” said Joel Dedrick, vice president and general manager, networked storage software, KIOXIA America, Inc. “With support for PCIe 4.0, KumoScale software further accelerates the performance of their NVMe-oF storage. Release 3.16 combines PCIe 4.0 support with other new features that enrich KumoScale technology and make it one of the most robust NVMe flash as a service solutions available today.”
KIOXIA is offering a free 2-week trial of KumoScale software, hosted on KIOXIA cloud infrastructure. For more information on how to sign up for the trial, visit:kumoscale.kioxia.com/en/technical-information/remote-access-poc-guide.
KIOXIA is a leading provider of NVMe SSDs, technology and data center software. For more information, please visit kumoscale.kioxia.com.
KumoScale™ software is a leading high-performance block storage software suite for on-premise clouds. Combining the speed and responsiveness of born-in-the-cloud software with the staying power of one of the world's largest flash memory makers, KumoScale software uses NVMe™ technology to enable flash as a service.
About KIOXIA America, Inc.
KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.) is the U.S.-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive, and data centers. For more information, please visit KIOXIA.com.
KUBERNETES is a registered trademark of the Linux Foundation in the United States and other countries, and is used pursuant to a license from the Linux Foundation
PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG
OpenStack is a registered trademark of OpenStack Foundation
NVM Express and NVMe are registered trademarks of NVM Express, Inc.
NVMe-oF and NVMe-MI are trademarks of NVM Express, Inc.
All company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
- Information in this press release, including product pricing and specifications, content of services, and contact information is current and believed to be accurate on the date of the announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice. Technical and application information contained here is subject to the most recent applicable KIOXIA product specifications.