Please select your location and preferred language where available.
KIOXIA America Elevates Flash Storage at Flash Memory Summit
Highlights New Products, Technologies Designed to Uplift the Digital World by Addressing Data Demands
SAN JOSE, Calif., November 10, 2020 – This week at the Flash Memory Summit (FMS) Virtual Conference & Expo, KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.), will highlight transformational new products that take flash storage to new heights. At this year’s virtual event, KIOXIA will demonstrate its innovative flash memory technology and spotlight several different applications for attendees. As a thought leader and key contributor to the flash memory industry, KIOXIA will also participate in several technical sessions led by company executives.
The inventor of flash memory, KIOXIA has one of the broadest portfolios of SSDs in the market, including solutions for client PCs, data center, hyperscale, high-end servers and storage systems. Recent announcements showcase the company’s continued focus on innovation, and this will be on display at FMS. Demonstrations of new products include the industry’s first PCIe® 4.0 Open Compute Platform (OCP) NVMe® cloud specification-enabled SSD1 and new additions to its KumoScale™ software that bring faster NVMe-oF™ storage to containers.
“From powering the enterprise to scaling the data center and driving automotive and smartphone applications, KIOXIA’s mission to elevate our digital lives is resonating around the world,” said Alex Mei, vice president of corporate marketing for KIOXIA America, Inc. “Together with our customers and technology partners, KIOXIA leads the way for flash memory advancements that act as catalysts for positive change – both in the IT industry and in everyday life.”
Designed to maximize system density, efficiency and simplicity, KIOXIA’s EDSFF E1.x XD6 Series SSDs will debut at FMS. The XD6 Series addresses the specific requirements of hyperscale applications, including the performance, power and thermal requirements of the OCP NVMe Cloud SSD Specification.
Visitors to KIOXIA’s 3D virtual booth and FMS event platform will have access to the following technology and product demos:
- XL-FLASH™ Storage Class Memory
- KumoScale storage software
- BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory
- PM5 enterprise SAS SSDs in Dell EMC PowerFlex™ family running Kubernetes® stateful application Apache Cassandra®
- PM6 SSDs in MySQL demo highlighting the performance of 24G SAS
- CM6 enterprise SAS SSDs highlighting the performance difference between PCIe Gen 4 vs Gen 3
- CM6 enterprise SAS SSDs in a VMware vSAN™ high-performance demo
- RM5 and CD5 SSDs in:
- Virtualized workloads highlighting the performance difference between NVMe and SAS solutions vs SATA
- DB analytics workloads demo highlighting the performance difference between NVMe and SAS solutions vs SATA
- Transactional database workloads demo highlighting the performance difference between NVMe and SAS solutions vs SATA
- Software-Enabled Flash™ Technology
- UFS and e-MMC demo boards for use with new automotive and mobile applications
- Industrial SLC
FMS Technical Sessions and Tutorials
- Rory Bolt, senior fellow, MSSDs for KIOXIA America, Inc. – “Software-Enabled Flash for Enterprise Data Centers” and “Next Great Breakthrough in Flash Memory”
- Matt Hallberg, senior product manager, enterprise and Ethernet SSDs, SSD BU for KIOXIA America, Inc. – “Ethernet-Attached SSDs Lead to Higher-Performing Storage Benefits of Native NVMe-oF SSDs”
- John Geldman, director of SSD industry standards for KIOXIA America, Inc. – “Using the New EDSFF (E3) SSDs Effectively”
- Matt Hallberg, “Top 5 Ways Ethernet SSDs Can Improve Storage Solutions”
- Chuck Piercey, director of product management, KumoScale software – “NVMe-oF: The Best Way to Network Enterprise Storage Environments”
For more information, visit www.KIOXIA.com.
About KIOXIA America, Inc.
KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.) is the U.S.-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive, and data centers. For more information, please visit KIOXIA.com.
1 Based on a survey of publicly available information as of November 3, 2020.
PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.
NVM Express and NVMe are registered trademarks of NVM Express, Inc.
NVMe-oF and NVMe-MI are trademarks of NVM Express, Inc.
Dell, Dell EMC, PowerEdge, PowerVault, Latitude, OptiPlex, EqualLogic, XtremIO, Dell Precision, Compellent, XPS are trademarks of Dell Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions.
VMware and VMware vSAN are trademarks or registered trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or various jurisdictions.
KUBERNETES is a registered trademark of the Linux Foundation in the United States and other countries, and is used pursuant to a license from the Linux Foundation
Apache Cassandra, Apache, and Cassandra are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation or its subsidiaries in Canada, the United States and/or other countries.
All other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
- Information in this press release, including product pricing and specifications, content of services, and contact information is current and believed to be accurate on the date of the announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice. Technical and application information contained here is subject to the most recent applicable KIOXIA product specifications.