Please select your location and preferred language where available.
CD6 Series Data Center NVMe® SSD
Built on KIOXIA BiCS FLASH™ 3D TLC (3-bit-per-cell) for HPE ProLiant™ Servers.
Why Choose CD6 Data Center NVMe Series SSDs for Your HPE ProLiant Servers?
More than 5x the throughput over 6Gb/s SATA SSDs
Optimized for Data Centers
Reliable 96-layer 3D flash from KIOXIA Corporation
For Read Intensive Workloads
- Media streaming
- Machine learning
- File/application services
- Business intelligence
- Content management
- Big data/analytics
Read intensive, 1 DWPD or less, models are designed for read-intensive applications. The CD6-R Series delivers features and performance suited for a range of enterprise and hyper-scale workloads. These read-intensive models are available in capacities up to 15.36TB.
For Mixed Use Workloads
- SQL/transactional database
- Financial trading
- Content management
- Big data/analytics
- Software defined storage
Mixed use, 3 DWPD models, are designed for mixed read and write workloads. KIOXIA CD6-V Series models provide a balance of excellent performance with endurance, and as all CD6 Series models, it includes power-loss protection and full data path protection. These drives offer capacities up to 12.8TB and are suitable for a wide range of applications.
* Table can be scrolled horizontally.
|Family||Data Security & Encryption Options(7)||Capacity(1)||Max Random Read(2) IOPS(6) (4KiB)||Max Random Write(2) IOPS(6) (4KiB)||Max Sequential Read (MiB/s)(3)||Max Sequential Write (MiB/s)(3)|
|SIE||960 GB||700,000||3,000 @Q64||5,500||1,300|
|1,920 GB||30,000 @Q256||1,150|
|3,840 GB||880,000||60,000 @Q64||5,900||2,300|
|7,680 GB||85,000 @Q128||3,800|
|15,360 GB||750,000||32,000 @Q64||5,200|
|SIE||800 GB||700,000||9,000 @Q4||5,500||1,300|
|1,600 GB||85,000 @Q32||1,150|
|3,200 GB||900,000||170,000 @Q4||5,900||2,300|
|6,400 GB||250,000 @Q16||3,800|
|12,800 GB||750,000||115,000 @Q128||5,200|
Learn and Evaluate
Want to accelerate your HPE ProLiant servers with KIOXIA SSDs?
- Definition of capacity: KIOXIA defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- This performance is based on a random 4K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- This performance is based on a sequential 64K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- DWPD: Drive Write Per Day rating while maintaining 5 years useful life. “Drive write” is defined as the bytes of written data up to the drive capacity point. It is used as a comparison of endurance among SSDs of equal capacity points.
- HPE Warranty/Maximum Usage Limitations: HPE branded SSD base warranty is 3 years - terms and service are covered by HPE and not KIOXIA. NAND Flash devices use semiconductor technology that has a finite number of data that can be written to the device, defined as the Maximum Usage Limit, commonly called “Write Endurance”. HPE’s Write Endurance - is measured while running 100% random 4KiB writes across the entire SSD and is used to generate a “Lifetime Writes (TB)” for a SSD drive as well as a “Drive Writes Per Day” (DWPD) calculation. Drives that have reached this Maximum Usage Limit are no longer eligible for warranty coverage.
- IOPS: Input Output Per Second (or the number of I/O operations per second).
- Data Security:
- Sanitize Instant Erase (SIE) option supports Crypto Erase, which is a standardized feature defined by the technical committees (T10/T13) of INCITS (the Inter National Committee for Information Technology Standards) or by NVM Express Inc.
- SED (Self-Encrypting Drive) with SAS interface supports TCG Enterprise SSC and SED with NVMe protocol supports TCG Opal and Ruby SSC. For a complete list of supported features, please review the product manual.
- FIPS drives are validated as FIPS 140-2 Level 2 which defines security requirements for cryptographic module by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
Subject to Change: While KIOXIA has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice.
Product image may represent design model.