Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Toshiba Memory America Highlights Transformative Power of Flash-Based Storage at Dell Technologies World
Featuring new SSD and software solutions for server applications
LAS VEGAS, May 1, 2019 – This week at Dell Technologies World 2019, Toshiba Memory America, Inc. (TMA), the U.S.-based subsidiary of Toshiba Memory Corporation, will be on hand to demonstrate how its flash-based solid state drives (SSDs) and software optimize applications on a variety of server platforms. With a theme of ‘Real Transformation,’ this year’s Dell Technologies World shines the spotlight on the products, solutions and strategies that are truly changing IT infrastructures. From an entirely new category of SSDs to software that makes flash storage accessible via NVMe-oF™ (NVM Express™ over Fabrics) networks, TMA has the solutions necessary to make the transformation of the data center a reality.
Toshiba Memory has been a long-term OEM supplier for nearly two decades, and 2019 marks the third year in a row that the company has been a Diamond-level Dell Technologies World sponsor. Toshiba Memory products can be found in numerous solutions across multiple product lines, including laptop/mobile computing, desktop, data center, and enterprise servers/storage.
Demonstrations are located in TMA’s booth #1303 on the show floor at The Venetian Resort® from April 29 through May 2, and include:
Toshiba Memory SSD and Flash Products: Enterprise/data center SSDs, client SSDs, self-encrypting drive (SED) SSDs, and 96-layer BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory.
- RM5 Series Value SAS and CD5 Series Data Center NVMe™ (NVM Express) SSDs: Designed to replace enterprise SATA SSDs in server applications, Toshiba Memory is introducing the world’s first value SAS SSD and a new series of data center NVMe SSDs. These new SSDs, available for all types of servers, will deliver more than twice the performance per dollar1 of SATA SSDs at similar price points. The RM5 and CD5 Series will be showcased delivering up to 137% higher system level performance1 in a variety of server configurations and workloads. Toshiba Memory will also showcase live application demonstrations of these SSDs in a variety of server platforms, including a composable architecture solution delivering 40% application performance and 50% improvement in transactional latency over SATA based systems2.
- PM5 Series Enterprise SAS SSDs: Toshiba Memory’s robust PM5 Enterprise SAS SSD will be showcased in live demonstrations of a high I/O intensity workload and a mixed SMB workload running on various hyperconverged platform solutions.
- HK6 Series Enterprise SATA SSDs: A cost-effective flash storage option for mainstream and high-volume servers.
- KumoScale™ NVMe-oF Shared Accelerated Storage Software: KumoScale enables the use of NVMe-oF to make flash storage accessible over a data center network, providing a simple and flexible abstraction of physical NVMe disks into a pool of block storage, all while preserving the high performance of direct-attached NVMe SSDs. Toshiba Memory recently enhanced KumoScale’s capabilities: the version 3.9 production release includes general availability support for TCP-based networks.
Additionally, TMA will participate in breakout sessions focused on its new value SAS and low-power NVMe SSD solutions, titled “Life after SATA – Moving from SATA SSDs to SAS/NVMe in the Data Center.” TMA will also join the Dell Technologies World executive summit, and Jeremy Werner, senior vice president and general manager, SSD business unit, will be featured in a live interview on Dell EMC TV. The breakout sessions and interview will be available on-demand on the Dell Technologies World site at the conclusion of the show.
“The time for real transformation is now, and the change agent behind data center modernization is flash-based storage,” noted Werner. “We are proud to support Dell Technologies and work together toward a future where improved agility, greater efficiencies, reduced maintenance, and lower operational costs are facts of life for our mutual customers.”
For more information, please visit business.toshiba-memory.com.
About Toshiba Memory America, Inc.
Toshiba Memory America, Inc. is the U.S.-based subsidiary of Toshiba Memory Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough 96-layer BiCS FLASH™ 3D technology, Toshiba Memory continues to lead innovation and move the industry forward. For more information, please visit business.toshiba-memory.com and follow us on social media.
NVMe and NVMe-oF are trademarks of NVM Express, Inc.
Dell, Dell EMC, PowerEdge, PowerVault, Latitude, OptiPlex, EqualLogic, XtremIO, Dell Precision, Compellent, XPS are trademarks of Dell Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions.
All company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
1 Principled Technologies Report: Toshiba Memory and Dell EMC PowerEdge R840 Database Analytics report
2 Principled Technologies Report: Toshiba Memory and Dell EMC PowerEdge MX Transactional Database report
- Information in this press release, including product pricing and specifications, content of services, and contact information is current and believed to be accurate on the date of the announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice. Technical and application information contained here is subject to the most recent applicable Toshiba Memory product specifications.