Please select your location and preferred language where available.
RM6 Series 12Gb/s Value SAS SSD
Built on KIOXIA BiCS FLASH™ 3D TLC (3-bit-per-cell) for HPE ProLiant™ Servers
Why Choose RM6 Series 12Gb/s Value SAS SSDs for Your HPE ProLiant Servers?
High performance 12Gb/s SAS interface
Priced to replace SATA SSDs
Reliable 96-layer 3D Memory
RM6 Series 12Gb/s SAS SSDs accelerate HPE ProLiant servers with higher performance and reliability, and priced to replace SATA SSDs.
* Table can be scrolled horizontally.
|Family||Interface||Data Security & Data Encryption Options(8)||Capacity(1) (GB)||Random Read(2) @Q32 (IOPS)(7)||Random Write(2) @Q4 (IOPS)(7)||Sequential Read/Write(3) (MB/s)||Min. Terabytes Written(4,5,6)|
1 DWPD(4) for 5 years(6)
3 DWPD(4) for 5 years(6)
Learn and Evaluate
Improving Database Performance on HPE Proliant Servers with KIOXIA RM6 Series Value SAS
Want to accelerate your HPE ProLiant servers with KIOXIA SSDs?
- Definition of capacity: KIOXIA defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- This performance is based on a random 4K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- This performance is based on a sequential 64K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- DWPD: Drive Write Per Day rating while maintaining 5 years useful life. “Drive write” is defined as the bytes of written data up to the drive capacity point. It is used as a comparison of endurance among SSDs of equal capacity points.
- Measured using worst-case 4K random write workload.
- HPE Warranty/Maximum Usage Limitations: HPE branded SSD base warranty is 3 years - terms and service are covered by HPE and not KIOXIA. NAND Flash devices use semiconductor technology that has a finite number of data that can be written to the device, defined as the Maximum Usage Limit, commonly called “Write Endurance”. HPE’s Write Endurance - is measured while running 100% random 4KiB writes across the entire SSD and is used to generate a “Lifetime Writes (TB)” for a SSD drive as well as a “Drive Writes Per Day” (DWPD) calculation. Drives that have reached this Maximum Usage Limit are no longer eligible for warranty coverage.
- IOPS: Input Output Per Second (or the number of I/O operations per second).
- Data Security:
- Sanitize Instant Erase (SIE) option supports Crypto Erase, which is a standardized feature defined by the technical committees (T10/T13) of INCITS (the Inter National Committee for Information Technology Standards) or by NVM Express Inc.
- SED (Self-Encrypting Drive) SSDs support TCG Enterprise SSC or TCG Opal SSC
- FIPS drives are validated as FIPS 140-2 Level 2 which defines security requirements for cryptographic module by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
Subject to Change: While KIOXIA has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice.
Product image may represent design model.