Please select your location and preferred language where available.
CM7 Series Enterprise NVMe™ SSD
Built on KIOXIA Corporation BiCS FLASH™ 3D TLC (3-bit-per-cell) for Dell PowerEdge™ Servers.
Why Choose CM7 Series Enterprise NVMe SSDs for Your Dell Technologies Servers?
High performance NVMe interface
Optimized for Dell Technologies servers
Reliable 112-layer 3D TLC Memory
Enterprise NVMe SSDs are high reliability and high performance drives, with dual-port support, for Dell Technologies servers and storage systems. This series offers a range of capacities, endurances, and security options.
For Read Intensive Workloads
- Media streaming
- Machine learning
- File/application services
- Business intelligence
- Content management
- Big data/analytics
Read intensive, 1 DWPD, models are designed for read-intensive applications. The CM7-R Series delivers features and performance suited for a range of enterprise and hyper-scale workloads. These read-intensive models are available in capacities up to 30.72TB.
For Mixed Use Workloads
- SQL/transactional database
- Financial trading
- Content management
- Big data/analytics
- Software defined storage
Mixed use, 3 DWPD models, are designed for mixed read and write workloads. KIOXIA's CM7-V Series models provide a balance of excellent performance with endurance, power-loss protection and full data path protection. These drives offer capacities up to 12.8TB and are suitable for a wide range of applications.
* Table can be scrolled horizontally.
|Family||Interface||Data Security & Encryption Options(7)||Capacity(1)
|Random Read/Write(2) (IOPS)||Sequential Read/Write(3) (MB/s)|
1 DWPD(4) for 5 Years(5)
|PCIe® Gen5 1x4, 2x2, NVMe™ 2.0||SIE / FIPS||1,920||2,000K/155K||14,000/3,500|
3 DWPD(4) for 5 Years(5)
|PCIe® Gen5 1x4, 2x2, NVMe™ 2.0||SIE / FIPS||1,600||2,000K/310K||14,000/3,500|
Get the most out of your Dell PowerEdge servers with KIOXIA CM7 E3.S Enterprise NVMe™ SSDs.
- Definition of capacity: KIOXIA defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- This performance is based on a random 4K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- This performance is based on a sequential 64K read/write workload. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- DWPD: Drive Write Per Day. One full drive write per day means the drive can be written and re-written to full capacity once a day every day for five years, the stated product warranty period. Actual results may vary due to system configuration, usage and other factors. This is computed assuming a worst case 4K random workload.
- The Dell Branded SSD warranty terms and service are covered by Dell Incorporated and not KIOXIA.
- IOPS: Input Output Per Second (or the number of I/O operations per second).
- Data Security:
- Sanitize Instant Erase (SIE) option supports Crypto Erase, which is a standardized feature defined by the technical committees (T10/T13) of INCITS (the Inter National Committee for Information Technology Standards) or by NVM Express Inc.
- SED (Self-Encrypting Drive) SSDs support TCG Enterprise SSC or TCG Opal SSC
- FIPS drives are validated as FIPS 140-2 Level 2 which defines security requirements for cryptographic module by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
Subject to Change: While KIOXIA has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice.
Product image may represent design model.
Dell and PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Incorporated